Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chattanooga River Front at Night

Monday night I met up with the "meet up" photography group, South East Photography Group for an evening shoot along the river front in Chattanooga. This was my first time joining them on a outing and I had a fun time and came back with some great images. We shot along the north shore of the river, looking across at downtown.  Here are some of my favorite images I shot that evening. 

The first image was shot with a Canon 70-200 at 200mm, ISO 400, white balance was set to the cloudy setting.
The second image was shot with a Canon 24-105 IS lens at close to 24mm and again my white balance was on the cloudy setting. I wanted to give the feel of walking along the bridge and looking at the light and the reflections on the water.
The third image is a panoramic comprised of 4 images taken with the Canon 24-105 at near the 70mm setting. This spot just screamed panoramic to me! When I shot this, there was still a lot of light in the sky, so I did a custom white balance and that made the colors pop more than any of the "auto" white balance settings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment